Red Ridersof the Drinking Crow Session #79- From Stone To Flesh

 *Sessions 77 & 79 involved the Red Riders adventuring in the Black Pyramid and will be recapped when they return to Orm).

"I doomed society for friendship." Bors the Bald

The following session covered Bors the Bald traveling to the Twilight Shores with fellow patrons of the Drinking Crow. They aimed to strike a deal with the Eventide Queen to return Bors' comrade and Drinking Crow mascot Fredrick Featherstone back to living, breathing flesh years after being turned to stone by a monster from the Imperial Mother's holding pens. They made a very different deal instead. Here is the party from the session:

  • Bex (Level 3 Vatspawn)
  • Bors the Bald (Level 5 Dwarf)
    • Sunya Strong (Level 4 Fighter hireling)
  • Edouard 'The Human Grapping Hook' Thesz (Level 1 Grappling Berserker)
  • Rumble Beerforged (Level 1 Dwarf)

Here is what Bors wrote about the events in his journal (as provided by his player Shahnawaz):

What have I done? Have I doomed the world? Or should I say have I hastened the inevitable? I wanted my friend back, one of the few I have left from my original adventuring days. But in my haste, did I strike a bargain that should not have been struck? And to cave elves at that. No one knows of the bargain I struck or the ramifications. The rest of the group was put to magical sleep. I fear I have to undo what I have done. I need to find these cave elves again and snatch the book back and bring it back to the Eventide Queen. I am unsure how I will be able to do that to such a powerful wielder of magics? I also do not wish to put the rest of the party in danger for my actions. I wish I had some council I could trust and confide in, that won’t judge me too harshly. But I must be judged and I must repent and put things in their right place. I should also possibly change my armor a little, maybe add some detail so that I would not be as recognizable to that innocent librarian. I must think on this and find a way.

Treasure

  • A copy of the subversive tome Humans are People, Too by Darnelf worth 100gp 

Experience Points

  • 100xp from treasure
  • Elfin librarian choked out 19xp

Player Character Cut

  • 29xp ea. (14xp to Sunya Strong)
Write-ups, art, or maps provided as play reports earn PC Level x 100xp. Let me know of any downtime activities anyone would like to pursue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventuring in the Twilight Age

Downtime Activity- Find the Right Buyer

Downtime in the Twilight Age