The Dragon Slayers of the Drinking Crow Session #14- Tragedy Befalls the Mr. Fantastic...and V'Naïss Two-Face, too!

 The Dragon Slayers of the Drinking Crow ventured once more out to the beach in the direction of "The Complex". After a fortnight of carousing, street performances, and studies; the adventuring itch had hit them once again. Mr. Fantastic, the dragon killing dungeon terrier, lead the way followed by:

  • Bors Redbeard (Level 3 Dwarf)
    • Lefty Redbeard (Level 1 Dwarf hireling)
  • Fredrick Feathestone (Level 3 Vestigater)
    • Gregor the Gray (Ghost Hound pet)
  • Malagath Finbaros (Level 2 Elf)
  • V'Naïss Two-Face (Level 2 Vatspawn), deceased
  • Willow the Wisp (Level 2 Illusionist)

The party returned laid with electrum coins but also bearing the headless corpse of party member V'Naïss Two-Face on the Grim Reminder. Mr. Fantastic also perished. Malagath Finbaros, known to some as 'The Hero', seemed in a weakened state.

Bors' player Shahnawaz provided the latest journal entry from the Redbeard brother covering the events of the expedition:


Bors’ Journal

Entry nine:

        Arrogance. That’s what happened this last excursion. V’Naïss and Mr. Fantastic have passed. I had thought that since we slayed a dragon, we would be unstoppable.  I had finally picked up my plate armor and I felt invulnerable, and indeed the attacks against me we like nothing. A fatal error in my plans were that I had thought that if I went out front, any foe we would come across would attack me alone, but that  was sadly not the case.  I knew we were walking into a trap, but I thought if I went in alone, that would be enough, but one of the gnome ghouls went passed and destroyed V’Naïss. Before that, we were set upon by more of them that took a bit of Mr. Fantastic.  

        One of the skeletal creatures did something to the Great Hero Malagath, what it is I do not know. I had him drink some holy water in case it was an undead curse or something like that, but it did not seem to help. After burying and mourning V’Naïss, I will do my best to help the Hero research a cure to what ails him. Hopefully there will be able to find what we need, then we could try and research how to curtail the spread of this Yellow Fever, or possibly hire some doctors to come into the city like V’Naïss had suggested before the trip to the Complex.

 

After returning from the expedition, Lefty Redbeard was seen burning through a pile of electrum coins drinking in more out of the way locales to avoid the Yellow Fever. The dwarf spun tale of cursed gnomes burnt in their own bonfires by zealots of the Illuminated Eye that returned to walk the underworld as ravenous ghouls and how the heroic terrier Mr. Fantastic led the charge against them only to die by the hand of those same wretched undead. All in an attempt to secure some vital gnomish documents essential for...something those hill dwarves are angling to do. Lefty then proceeded to get into an a drunken argument over whether hill dwarves were true dwarves or not (in Lefty's opinion, they are). The Redbeard Brother lost one of his front teeth in the fist fight that followed.

Loot

  • 4,000ep
  • A gold necklace of a wyrm with amber stones worth  1100gp
  • A platinum and gold necklace of two intertwined serpents with onyx and bloodstones worth 1500gp

Experience Points

  • 4600xp from treasure
  • Ghoulish gnomes defeated 10 x 25xp
  • Robed skeletons defeated 3 x 30xp

Player Character Cut

  • 1035gp ea.
  • 1235xp ea.
As always, you are able to turn in some sort of session report or art for 100 x Level xp. Let me know if you want to do any downtime activities starting with what you all want to do to attract some healers to Orm to investigate Malagath's condition.

Comments

  1. For my first downtime, I want to help Malagath do non-magical research to help clear his affliction.
    For my second downtime, I want to see if I can bring a doctor or two into Orm to help with the Yellow fever outbreak.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adventuring in the Twilight Age

Downtime Activity- Find the Right Buyer

Downtime in the Twilight Age